I usually am against rolling out the pumpkin this early
It’s just like when I walk in stores at the end of August or early September and see Halloween decor and candy out, just a little over-kill
I can’t even tell you how appalled I am at Sam’s Club here in Indiana.
I’ve been in there a few times in the past couple weeks and have seen Christmas trees…that’s just not okay!
Don’t get me wrong. I am a LOVER of all things Christmas and have a countdown already in process but that countdown reads: 99 days!
That is just too early to be seeing stuff on the shelves and stressing people out **rant over**
However, in the past week I’ve worn a sweatshirt almost every day and that makes me a very happy girl. Happy enough to forget my silly stances of when you can or can’t bust out the pumpkin. I was happy enough to make these crazy delicious 3 Layer Pumpkin Butter Crispy Treats
Your welcome 😉
I’m usually so good about being all cute and matchy-matchy with my nail polish and things I make…well sort of – but along with this beautiful fall weather that has finally come to us, so has another wonderful season. . . Football!
Not only do I love watching football but I can’t get enough of the great food, parties, and fantasy football rivalry that comes along with it.
I am a Cowboys fan by marriage. I never grew up a football fan, I was raised right and grew up a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan.
However, my husband was SUPER into football and I mainly became a fan because of fantasy. The first time I played I won the league and was hooked. Even against my better judgement, I became a Cowboys fan. When I root for a team and give them my fandom I go all out.
My nails were painted in honor of the Boys: Blue & Silver
Long story short – my nails didn’t match these crazy good treats but who cares, they still look AMAZING
Are you ready for pumpkin recipes yet?
When is it ok to bust out the pumpkin or Halloween treats? Christmas?
Obviously, my favorite thing about fall weather is sweat shirts. . . what is yours?
Don’t forget to head to our Facebook page to follow along with all the fun and exciting news straight from Dillman Farm!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 - 10oz bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of Dillman Farm Pumpkin Butter Spread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt / Sprinkles
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pot over medium high heat, once mostly melted down mix in your pumpkin butter until well incorporated and smooth
- Turn off heat and fold in 6 cups of rice crispy cereal, once cereal is all covered in marshmallow mixture, turn out into a 9X9 pan lined with parchment and greased
- Let cool and set in fridge while you make the caramel layer
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, butter and sugar until smooth
- Bring mixture to a boil and a let it reach a temp of 240 degrees about 5 minutes
- Pour caramel over the crispy treat layer and let cool at room temp for about 20 minutes, once cooled place in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes
- While caramel is setting, melt chocolate chips and cream together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until well combined and smooth
- Pour chocolate and smooth over the top of the caramel with a spatula. Sprinkle with salt and sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate for at least an hour until all layers are set. For easier cutting, let the treats come to room temperate. Dig In!