‘Tis the season for football parties and man approved snacks . . . no more kale smoothies, ants on a log, granola or “skinny” versions of chili but lots of meaty and hearty meals that will leave you wanting to sit and watch football and then take a long nap
Football party food has to be some of my all time favorite; chili, nachos, wings, potato skins, mini weenies, and so much more!
Yes these foods are not necessarily the best for the heart but they are packed with big flavor and if you make these great dishes they will definitely get you invited to all the football parties 😉
This salsa will literally blow your mind.
I am crazy particular about salsa and most store bought salsa doesn’t make the cut.
Dillman Farm is local company that I work with and make delicious recipes for, using their rockin’ products! This Smoky Chipotle Salsa is one of my favorite products that they make. I’ve never had a salsa that is quite like it. It has so much flavor and stands great on its own with a bag of chips!
I make a Salsa Chicken Bake with their smoky salsa and this salsa makes this meal one of our family favorites!
This is the perfect topping for my Meaty 6 Layer Taco Dip
This isn’t your average layer dip, it is packed with lots of meat, beans and cheese as well as this salsa that you will want in every bite! Get ready for people to request this when you go to your next party!
What food do you HAVE to have at your football get togethers?
I feel like there has to be either chili or wings and some kind of hearty dip and something topped with lots of cheese
Don’t forget to check out Dillman Farm on Facebook to stay up to date with all the news and up and coming events!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning, divided
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese or taco blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Smoky Chipotle Salsa
- Fresh or dry cilantro (optional)
- Cook ground beef and mix in taco seasoning packet, reserving 2 teaspoons for later
- In a round or square dish put in cooked meat and then spread warmed beans on top, immediately top with shredded cheese so it will melt slightly
- Mix in the reserved taco seasoning with the 1 cup of sour cream and spread over cheese layer
- Sprinkle chopped bell pepper over sour cream and top with Smoky Chipotle Salsa and cilantro
- Dig in with a big bag of chips!