I am so excited to share some fun news with you guys!
I am teaming up with a super awesome local business here in Indiana: Dillman Farm
They have been around for more than 40 years and grew a business from nothing! They started with their amazing homemade apple butter and now have more than 100 all natural fruit butter spreads, preserves, jellies, mustards, salsas, barbeque sauces and more.
Seriously. . . can you tell why I’m so excited!
I am working with Dillman Farm by creating some delicious and simple recipes using all their products; which are made about 5 minutes from my house.
My first of many creations are these twist-on-a-classic Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
I am a huge peanut butter & jelly fan. We grew up eating them ALL THE TIME! We started making simple PB&Js and then when my mom was make 2 or 3 per kid for lunch she started making a “triple-decker” PB&J . . . epic! She would even pop them on the griddle and the peanut butter would slightly melt and make something magical.
I like the classic grape jam but I always preferred a strawberry, blueberry, or even raspberry jam. I never buy the same flavor jelly twice. When I saw the Blueberry Jam & Seedless Red Raspberry Jam I instantly wanted to make a PB&J. Now I’m pretty sure everyone on the planet knows how to make a PB&J sandwich, so I wanted to come up with something different but with those same flavors that are packed with childhood memories.
I could eat three dozen peanut butter cookies but when I added the delicious jellies (and the accidental dusting of powdered sugar), I was tempted to do backflips…but I value my ability to walk so I didn’t want to risk it.
I am crazy excited to continue to share the products that Dillman Farm creates. They believe that the food we eat should be as simple as possible and I totally agree. Why make things complicated when you can create delicious recipes that are EASY. Make sure to like Dillman Farm on Facebook to keep up with all the happenings and never miss a deal!
They are currently running a special of buy 5 jars get 1 free so don’t miss it!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dillman Farm Blueberry Jam
- Dillman Farm Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine peanut butter, butter, both sugars, milk and vanilla in a large mixer
- Beat at medium speed until well blended
- Add egg and beat until blended
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl
- Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture on low speed
- Once combined, drop heaping tablespoon balls of cookie dough on greased cookie sheet
- With the end of a wooden spoon, make an indent in the middle of all cookies
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just beginning to turn golden brown
- After you take each batch out, re-form the indentation in the middle of the cookie
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to foil/parchment paper and cool completely
- Once cooled, drop about a teaspoon of the jam of your preference into each “thumbprint”